Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a safer and more effective way to protect yourself from severe illness and hospitalization. On August 16, 2023, the University of California updated their Policy on Vaccination Programs requiring that anyone who learns, lives, or works at any UC Merced facility or otherwise partipate in person in University Programs be Up-To-Date with COVID-19 vaccination or affirmatively decline by December 1, 2023. Individuals may opt out of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine by signing a declination statement, receiving vaccine education, and agreeing to certain non-pharmaceutical interventions, which may include mask-wearing and/or other mitigations.
Report your vaccine information
- Whether or not you are up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations, complete your COVID-19 Attestation in the WorkHealth Solutions Portal. Employees can find step-by-step instructions on completing the COVID19 attestation here.
How do I complete the form to decline COVID-19 vaccines?
- Log into myHealth Portal
- Click on the "Medical Clearances" link on the left side
- Click the green "Update" button on the line item for COVID-19
- Follow prompts on page to decline COVID-19 Vaccine
Where can I get vaccinated?
- Students, employees, and faculty can find free vaccinations at multiple locations in Merced County, including options found on the MyTurn website or the national database Vaccines.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I am up-to-date with the COVID-19 Vaccines?
Please review the current CDC guidance staying up to date with COVID-19 Vaccines.