To: All campus
Sept. 16, 2022
We are writing to share encouraging news that the summer surge from COVID-19 is beginning to wane in Merced County with the current CDC Community Transmission Level at Medium status. While Merced County is in Medium transmission risk status, indoor face covering use is strongly encouraged for all indoor activities and is required for instructional and classroom activities with limited exemptions. Please review the Do Your Part website for more information.
A few COVID-19 mitigation reminders for all students, faculty and staff:
- All individuals who are active on UC Merced controlled property must be in compliance with the UC Policy on Vaccination Programs that was updated September 1, 2022.
- When sick, whether the Cold, Flu, or COVID-19, please stay home and complete the Health Check form. Individuals who are actively sick with COVID-19 or who have recently tested positive are prohibited from participating in campus activities until cleared by the COVID Response Center.
- Face Coverings and Antigen tests are available for students and employees at the distribution kiosks located at COB1 and Granite Pass. Please stop by and pick up what is needed for your personal use.
- As the weather changes to cooler temperatures, it’s strongly recommended to gather socially outdoors to the extent possible.
- More information will be forthcoming in the near future about the updates to the UC Policy on Vaccination both in terms of an updated Executive Directive and expectations associated with the new Omicron Booster rollout.
As we continue to live with COVID-19, the mitigations above will help minimize our risks and we ask that each of you do your part in maintaining as healthy a campus as possible. We hope you are all having a great start to the fall semester!
Chief Resilience Officer